This website is operated by Capricorn Automotive Ltd and whose registered address is Units B&C The Lutyens Industrial Centre, Bilton Road, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG24 8LJ, (“We”) are committed to protecting and preserving the privacy of our visitors when visiting our site or communicating electronically with us.
This policy sets out how we process any personal data we collect from you or that you provide to us through our website. We confirm that we will keep your information secure and that we will comply fully with all applicable UK Data Protection legislation and regulations. Please read the following carefully to understand what happens to personal data that you choose to provide to us, or that we collect from you when you visit this site. By visiting www.capricornauto.co.uk (our website) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Types of information we may collect from you
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information about individuals who visit and use our website:
- Information you supply to us. You may supply us with information about you by filling in forms on our website. This includes information you provide when you submit a contact/enquiry form, Application Form, Purchase Order or Email etc. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
- Information our website automatically collects about you. With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect information including the following:
- Technical information, including a truncated and anonymised version of your Internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got to the site (including date and time); page response times, length of visit, what you click on, documents downloaded and download errors.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s computer tied to information about the user. We may use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. For session ID cookies, once you close your browser or log out, the cookie terminates and is erased. A persistent cookie is a small text file stored on your computer’s hard drive for an extended period of time. Your browser’s help file contains information and instructions for removing persistent cookies. Session ID cookies may be used by Capricorn Automotive Ltd to track user preferences while the user is visiting the website. They also help to minimize load times and save on server processing. Persistent cookies may be used by Capricorn Automotive Ltd to store whether, for example, you want your password remembered or not, and other information. Cookies used on the Capricorn Automotive Ltd website do not contain personally identifiable information
Like most standard websites, we use log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyse trends, administer the site, track user’s movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. However, none of the information stored in our log files, including but not limited to IP addresses, is linked to personally identifiable information.
How we may use the information we collect
We use the information in the following ways:
- Information you supply to us. We will use this information:
- To provide you with information and/or services that you request from us;
- To provide products to market that match market trends.
- Information we automatically collect about you. We will use this information:
- To administer our site including troubleshooting and statistical purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- Security and debugging as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
- This information is collected anonymously and is not linked to information that identifies you as an individual. We use Google Analytics to track this information. Find out how Google uses your data at https://support.google.com/analytics
Disclosure of your information
Any information you provide to us will either be emailed directly to us or may be stored on a secure server. We use a trusted third-party website and hosting provider https://www.ionos.co.uk/ to facilitate the running and management of this website. https://www.ionos.co.uk/ meet high data protection and security standards and are bound by contract to keep any information they process on our behalf confidential. Any data that may be collected through this website that https://www.ionos.co.uk/ process, is kept secure and only processed in the manner we instruct them to. https://www.ionos.co.uk/ cannot access, provide, rectify or delete any data that they store on our behalf without permission.
We do not rent, sell or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies.
We will use all reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal data is not disclosed to regional/national institutions and authorities, unless required by law or other regulations.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Third party links
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the third-party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Your rights – access to your personal data
You have the right to ensure that your personal data is being processed lawfully (“Subject Access Right”). Your subject access right can be exercised in accordance with data protection laws and regulations. Any subject access request must be made in writing to [insert school/Trust Data Controller contact details]. We will provide your personal data to you within the statutory time frames. To enable us to trace any of your personal data that we may be holding, we may need to request further information from you. If you have a complaint about how we have used your information, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).